See Yourself Here
There’s a huge difference between getting an education and being so immersed, so transformed, so enthralled with living and learning that your education never really stops.
That’s what you’ll find at Beloit College.
40%of students study abroad
#16First-Year Experience — U.S. News 2024
1/3+of students choose to double major
4,500pieces in the Wright Museum of Art’s permanent collection
Build your Beloit education
Beloit College is known for itsinnovative liberal arts programsthat meet the needs of the moment.
Our students — affectionately known as Beloiters — are curious, courageous, and entrepreneurial. They learn to lead, to succeed, and to build a future that works for everyone.
Beloiters do it all — juggling classes, on-campus jobs,clubs and organizations, research projects, and just being humans — as part of their Beloit College experience. Thanks to Beloit’s uniquely personalized, student-centered approach, their four years here transform their lives. Students become gallery managers,literary journal editors, radio deejays, Maker Lab enthusiasts, museum curators — the list goes on.
Learn from every experience
Beloit offers over40 majors and minors(and aself-designed majoroption to boot) with acurriculumthat provides students with flexibility, close workingrelationships with faculty and staff, and the independence to choose their focus of study. Beloiters acquire depth and breadth of knowledge, as well as the transformative skills that explicitly link their experiences with their futures in any field, setting them on a path of purpose and lifelong learning.
Beloiters learn to beeffective communicators,创造性的问题lvers,productive collaborators, andintellectually and professionally agile— and not just in their classes. TheCareer Channels programhelps students align their passions — inside and outside the classroom — with budding careers in such fields as Business and Entrepreneurship, Health and Healing, Justice and Rights, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Sustainability, the Arts or Worldbuilding.
Learning at Beloit happens outside the classroom as often as it does inside:
- TheCenter for Entrepreneurship (CELEB)provides gear and guidance for students interested in music and TV production, podcasting, gallery hosting, product design, or anything entrepreneurial.
- TheLogan Museum of Anthropologyand theWright Museum of Artnot only host unique classes in their respective subjects, but are the sites of student projects, work study positions, and all sorts of hands-on learning.
- Beloit’s Residenciesprogram brings artists, activists, and scholars to campus for unique, one-on-one learning opportunities, from cartoonist and authorLynda Barryto Executive Director of the Undocumented Migration ProjectJason de León.
- Annual alumni networking events includingEcon Dayfor business and economics majors and Career Trek, which is hosted by rotating Career Channels-sponsored local employers.
- Student Symposiumin April andBeloit & Beyondin November help faculty, staff, and students connect with and learn from student research projects, study away experiences, and internship and job opportunities.
- (Speaking of studying away, a high percentage of Beloiterstravel abroadfor a semester or two — or even a summer.)
Doing what you love
Environmental geologyandbiologydouble majorEmmalynn May’23worked with the Montana Conservation Corps, mentoring students, maintaining hiking trails, and paving her own way for a career of protecting state and national parks.
The experience has transformed Emmalynn’s hopes for her own career post-Beloit.
Prepare for your future
TheCareer Works officehelps students navigate their paths to a life of purposeful consequence, from connecting with a Career Channel to developing and telling their story to potential employers and graduate programs to pursuing an internship or a post-graduate job.Career Accelerator, hosted online while students are home during winter break, hosts workshops, panels, and networking opportunities to help students identify and land jobs.
Impact Beloitalso aims to further help students connect their college experiences to their futures. The program accelerates and builds upon the college’s career development framework, combining skills acquisition with academic discovery and career readiness. Some specific tactics of Impact Beloit include expanding the community partnership model where students intern in the community (Duffy Partnerships), developing co-op or fellowship models, building high-quality on-campus internship experiences in campus offices, and providing strong mentorship for students to find their own off-campus internships.
Success through resilience
作为一个力量体能教练,Shaakira Hassell’00 has endured sexism and racism to follow her passion. That determination has led to a stint leading the U.S. Coast Guard Academy strength and conditioning program, training work with military special forces, and a 2018 fellowship with the NFL’s Carolina Panthers.